Here at PPC Concrete Products, we are passionate about all things construction, and more specifically, concrete products.
Here, you will find an overview of the concrete products that we offer, which we are proud to supply to construction companies, contractors and individuals all over the UK.
The concrete products we sell are:
- Interlocking Concrete Blocks– which are a unique form of pre-cast concrete blocks that stack together neatly, without the use of mortar or grout.
- Jersey Barrier Blocks– these are durable, interlocking blocks of concrete which are ideal for constructing a temporary or permanent safety barrier.
- Fork Lift Blocks– These are concrete blocks which are specifically designed to be easily moved by a forklift.
Take a look at our FAQ section to find the answers to common questions about concrete products.
For more information, visit our blog, to learn more about our concrete products and construction tips in general.
Click here to read our blog articles on:
What are concrete products used for?
Concrete blocks can be used for the foundation of any kind of construction project. The possibilities are endless!
Our concrete products can be used to construct:
- Concrete barriers
- Retaining walls
- Security barriers
- Push walls
- Road blocks
- Blast walls
- Segregation bays
They can also be used for crash protection, flood protection, salt stores, material storage bays, culverts, fire breaks, and many more!
Where can I buy Interlocking Concrete Blocks?
These dense cementitious don’t need mortar or fixings such as grout. Instead, they simply snap together with each other.
Interlocking Concrete Blocks come in various types, including:
- Standard Blocks
- Flat Top Standard Blocks
- Rock Face Blocks
- Rock Face & Flat Top Blocks
- Concrete Lego Blocks
They are available in the following sizes (measured in mm):
- 300 x 600 x 600
- 600 x 600 x 600
- 900 x 600 x 600
- 1200 x 600 x 600
- 1500 x 600 x 600
- 1800 x 600 x 600
- 400 x 800 x 800
- 800 x 800 x 800
- 1200 x 800 x 800
- 1600 x 800 x 800
Where can I buy Jersey Barrier Blocks?
They are heavy-duty and cost-effective, making them a simple solution to constructing a concrete barrier.
All our concrete Jersey Barrier Blocks are made on-site using our own moulds from locally sourced raw materials. These go through rigorous testing and have to pass the strictest of quality control procedures.
Where can I buy Fork Lift Blocks?
We offer the 1800 x 600 x 6000 mm (1560kg) and the 1600 x 800 x 800 mm (2460kg) Block with Fork Lift Slots.
Why choose PPC Concrete Products?
Here at PPC Concrete Products, our concrete blocks offer excellent tensile strength and durability. They are made from the highest quality cement and aggregates, to create the best possible end product. They are sturdy, durable and designed to last for years to come.
Also, our concrete blocks are manufactured to withstand all kinds of temperatures and weather conditions. So, you won’t have to worry about them withering away- they will stay in top-notch condition all year round.
Our concrete products offer fire and flood-resistant properties, which makes them an ideal permanent solution for long-term security and safety.
Our concrete blocks interconnect easily, to create a strong and robust physical cordon for any occasion, no matter what the weather.
We supply concrete blocks all over the UK. We take great pride in everything that we do in our factory-our workmanship is unrivalled.
We have a thorough manufacturing and quality control system, to ensure that only the blocks of the highest quality will pass through our doors and into the hands of our customers.
Contact us today if you have any questions about our products.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Request a quote
To request a quote for any of our concrete products, contact PPC Concrete Products on 01706 655245 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a custom quote for your specific building requirements.
We sell high-quality concrete blocks at competitive prices. We have a thorough quality control process to check that each concrete block is safe to use and of the best quality.
Get in touch with us today- our expert team can advise you on your queries and answer any questions you may have.
Do you need a fork lift to lift concrete products?
Yes, generally, you may need a forklift to move concrete blocks, but they are easy to lift and manoeuvre. The concrete blocks are designed for easy lifting, as the block fits nicely into the lifting loop. For easy stacking, ensure the concrete blocks are placed on a flat area.
Forklift hire is generally affordable, and you won’t need to rent it out for long, as Standard Concrete Blocks require less manpower and less time for building.
How do you store concrete products?
- Store concrete blocks in a cool, dry place. Make sure they are protected from severe weather conditions, to help maintain their quality.
- Make sure the ground of the storage area is perfectly flat.
- Keep the concrete blocks close to the site of work, to make transportation easier.
- Do not stack concrete blocks higher than two to three blocks at a time.
What is the difference between concrete products and red bricks?
Concrete blocks and red bricks each come with their own strengths.
Concrete blocks tend to be lighter than red bricks, which makes for better workability.
In addition, concrete blocks usually offer better resistance to natural disasters such as earthquakes and hurricanes- which shows how durable they are.
Moreover, it is easier to paint over concrete blocks, than it is to paint over red bricks. Paint can destroy brickwork, and when you paint on red bricks, you have to paint over the mortar as well.
What is the difference between concrete products and cinder blocks?
A cinder block is a lightweight building material which is made of cement and coal ash. They usually have hollow cores in the middle.
There are a few differences between cinder blocks and concrete blocks, such as:
- Cinder blocks are more expensive than concrete blocks.
- Cinder blocks are lighter than concrete blocks.
- Cinder blocks have a hollow rectangle structure, whereas concrete blocks have a flattened structure.
- Concrete blocks are much stronger than cinder blocks- so they tend to be used for larger and more important construction projects.
- Cinder blocks have a lot less tensile strength than concrete blocks do.
- Cinder blocks require more repairs than concrete blocks do.
How do you stay safe when working with concrete products and cement?
- Don’t load out concrete blocks by hand- use a machine or handling equipment, like a forklift. If a load is too heavy, ask for help.
- Avoid working at awkward angles and positions, to prevent back injuries and muscle sprains.
- If you need to handle lighter concrete blocks, handle them close to the body when lifting into position.
- Do not stand on the concrete blocks.
- Wear sturdy, waterproof boots, to prevent any building materials from getting inside your boots.
- Wear waterproof kneepads in case you need to kneel on fresh concrete.
- If your skin makes any contact with concrete or cement, then wash it off with clean water, as soon as possible.
- When operating a forklift, wear a hard hat, safety shoes and a high-visibility jacket.
- Inspect the forklift for defects before operating and watch out for passers-by in your blind spots.
- If you need to mechanically cut any concrete blocks, make sure you wear appropriate eye protection. You should also wear a mask because the dust produced while cutting or drilling dried concrete can irritate your lungs or cause serious lung damage.
- Wear long-sleeved clothing and waterproof gloves that fit precisely over your hands, to prevent cement from becoming trapped between your clothing and the skin.
About PPC Concrete Products
PPC Concrete Products is a Greater-Manchester based supplier of building materials.
We supply high quality concrete blocks all over the UK.
To learn more about PPC Concrete Products, visit the company website here.