Interlocking Concrete Blocks are increasingly becoming popular as a building material for walls and structures. This has led many people to wonder, what are the advantages of Interlocking Concrete Blocks?
In this article, we will explain the advantages of Interlocking Concrete Blocks and answer any questions you may have on this topic.
What are Interlocking Concrete Blocks?
Interlocking Concrete Blocks are a multi-purpose, reliable and efficient addition to anyone within construction.
These dense concrete blocks are built with unique profiles and features, which allow them to fit perfectly into each other, without the use of mortar or any fixing materials like grout. Instead, the cementitious blocks simply snap together with each other.
As they are stackable and low maintenance, these concrete blocks are easy to install and can be organised in many different shapes and patterns.
To learn more about Interlocking Concrete Blocks, click here to read our blog articles on:
What can Interlocking Concrete Blocks be used for?
Our Interlocking Concrete Blocks can be used for the foundation of any kind of construction project. The possibilities are endless!
Our concrete products can be used to construct:
- Concrete barriers
- Retaining walls
- Security barriers
- Push walls
- Road blocks
- Blast walls
- Segregation bays
They can also be used for crash protection, flood protection, salt stores, material storage bays, culverts, fire breaks, and many more!
Where can I buy Interlocking Concrete Blocks?
An affordable solution for your construction needs, you can find Interlocking Concrete Blocks for sale at PPC Concrete Products here.
Our concrete blocks are manufactured to industry standards and we sell them at competitive prices.
Get in touch with us today- our friendly team of experts can advise you and answer any questions you may have.
What are the dimensions of Interlocking Concrete Blocks?
Here at PPC Concrete Products, we offer Interlocking Concrete Blocks of various sizes, to suit your building needs.
They are available in the following sizes (measured in mm):
- 300 x 600 x 600
- 600 x 600 x 600
- 900 x 600 x 600
- 1200 x 600 x 600
- 1500 x 600 x 600
- 1800 x 600 x 600
- 400 x 800 x 800
- 800 x 800 x 800
- 1200 x 800 x 800
- 1600 x 800 x 800
Half and thirds of the sizes displayed are also offered with your order if needed.
Visit our website for more information and contact us if you need advice for your construction project.
What are the advantages of Interlocking Concrete Blocks?
There are numerous advantages of Interlocking Concrete Blocks, which you can read below:
- Longer lasting and more durable than a Gabion basket
- Quicker and less hassle to install
- No need for mortar, saving you money and time
- No need for steel reinforcement or shuttering
- Resistant to extreme weather conditions
- Fire-resistant properties, mitigating the spread of fire depending on the structure
- Little maintenance required
- Offer a high level of security if you use them for building a concrete barrier
- Often, no foundation is needed before installing
- Sound resistant
- Sustainable and eco-friendly building material
- Ability to stack them upon each other
- Flexibility in sizes
- Appropriate for temporary and/or permanent buildings
- Unlikely to be displaced due to the interlocking function
- Can be moved with standard lifting equipment
Why choose PPC Concrete Products?
Here at PPC Concrete Products, our concrete blocks offer excellent tensile strength and durability.
They are made from the highest quality cement and aggregates, to create the best possible end product. They are sturdy, durable and designed to last for years to come.
Also, our concrete blocks are manufactured to withstand all kinds of temperatures and weather conditions. So, you won’t have to worry about them withering away- they will stay in top-notch condition all year round.
Our concrete products offer fire and flood-resistant properties, which makes them an ideal permanent solution for long-term security and safety.
Our concrete blocks interconnect easily, to create a strong and robust physical cordon for any occasion, no matter what the weather.
We supply concrete blocks all over the UK. We take great pride in everything that we do in our factory-our workmanship is unrivalled.
We have a thorough manufacturing and quality control system, to ensure that only the blocks of the highest quality will pass through our doors and into the hands of our customers.
Contact us today if you have any questions about our products.
Why are Interlocking Concrete Blocks so strong?
Our Interlocking Concrete Blocks are a strong, durable building material. They offer excellent tensile strength and stability.
They are so strong, that they provide great protection from blasts- which makes them an ideal, blast-proof building material.
No need to spend time re-building your concrete wall or structure in a few years’ time, because Interlocking Concrete Blocks are built to last.
Moreover, Interlocking Concrete Blocks offer a high level of security- if you use them to build a wall in your garden, they will be strong enough to keep intruders from entering your property.
How high can you stack Interlocking Concrete Blocks?
You can usually stack Interlocking Concrete Blocks in a structure of up to 10 metres high.
How heavy are Interlocking Concrete Blocks?
Depending on the number of Interlocking Concrete Blocks in your wall or structure, they can weigh anywhere between 260kg to well over 1800 kg!
Do you need a forklift to lift Interlocking Concrete Blocks?
Yes, you may need a forklift to move concrete blocks, but they are designed for easy lifting, as the block fits nicely into the lifting loop. For easy stacking, ensure the concrete blocks are placed on a flat area.
Forklift hire is generally affordable, and you won’t need to rent it out for long, as Interlocking
Concrete Blocks require less manpower and less time for building.
How do you store Interlocking Concrete Blocks?
- Store the concrete blocks in a cool, dry place. Make sure they are protected from severe weather conditions, to help maintain their quality.
- Make sure the ground of the storage area is perfectly flat.
- Keep the concrete blocks close to the site of work, to make transportation easier.
- Do not stack the concrete blocks higher than two to three blocks at a time.
What is the difference between cinder blocks and concrete blocks?
A cinder block is a lightweight building material which is made of cement and coal ash. They usually have hollow cores in the middle.
There are a few differences between cinder blocks and concrete blocks, such as:
- Cinder blocks are more expensive than concrete blocks.
- Cinder blocks are lighter than concrete blocks.
- Cinder blocks have a hollow rectangle structure, whereas concrete blocks have a flattened structure.
- Concrete blocks are much stronger than cinder blocks- so they tend to be used for larger and more important construction projects.
- Cinder blocks have a lot less tensile strength than concrete blocks do.
- Cinder blocks require more repairs than concrete blocks do.
How do you stay safe when working with Interlocking Concrete Blocks?
- Don’t load out concrete blocks by hand- use a machine or handling equipment, like a forklift. If a load is too heavy, ask for help.
- Avoid working at awkward angles and positions, to prevent back injuries and muscle sprains.
- If you need to handle lighter concrete blocks, handle them close to the body when lifting them into position.
- Do not stand on the concrete blocks.
- Wear sturdy, waterproof boots, to prevent any building materials from getting inside your boots.
- Wear waterproof kneepads in case you need to kneel on fresh concrete.
- If your skin makes any contact with concrete or cement, then wash it off with clean water, as soon as possible.
- When operating a forklift, wear a hard hat, safety shoes and a high-visibility jacket.
- Inspect the forklift for defects before operating and watch out for passers-by in your blind spots.
- If you need to mechanically cut any concrete blocks, make sure you wear appropriate eye protection. You should also wear a mask because the dust produced while cutting or drilling dried concrete can irritate your lungs or cause serious lung damage.
- Wear long-sleeved clothing and waterproof gloves that fit precisely over your hands, to prevent cement from becoming trapped between your clothing and the skin.
About PPC Concrete Products
PPC Concrete Products is a Greater Manchester based supplier of building materials.
We supply high-quality concrete blocks all over the UK.
To learn more about PPC Concrete Products, visit the company website here.
Request a quote
To request a quote for any of our concrete products, contact PPC Concrete Products at 01706 655245 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a custom quote for your specific building requirements.
We sell high-quality concrete blocks at competitive prices. We have a thorough quality control process to check that each concrete block is safe to use and of the best quality.
You should hopefully better understand the advantages of Interlocking Concrete Blocks as a building material.